Strategic Planning and Communications Director
$117,636 – $142,340 annually
The Communications Manager reports to the Strategic Planning and Communications Director and will oversee all communications involving the organization. This role will develop and implement a research-driven communications strategy for the organization that builds and maintains a positive brand and meets strategic objectives. This includes guiding staff in crafting engaging communications and marketing materials to educate and engage our employees, members, communities and stakeholders. Other responsibilities include overseeing paid, earned and social media strategies along with the development and maintenance of the website and intranet. The Communications Manager acts as the cooperative spokesperson, maintains positive, professional relationships with members of the media, and manages crisis communications.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, English or a related field plus at least ten years of experience with at least three of these in a leadership role.
• Strong set of written, verbal and digital communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to create and deliver content through a variety of platforms.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, information exchange programs, creative and publishing software; knowledge of SharePoint and WordPress; video and photography expertise.
• Ability to lead and motivate a team of communications professionals to produce high-caliber, strategic, brand-driven content.
• Organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while working on a deadline or in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
Please contact email@example.com to obtain a full job description. Apply at core.coop/careers
CORE Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
CORE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All qualified candidates are given equal opportunity, and selection decisions are based on job-related factors. We also believe in strength in diversity.