Member Energy Programs Director
$126,672 – $168,869
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, or relevant discipline.
• 5 plus years’ experience in the utility industry.
• 3 plus years’ management or supervisory experience in leading teams, employees, and projects.
• 2 plus years’ experience in electric vehicle (EV) strategy development, residential program implementation, or public charging station deployments.
• 7 plus years’ experience in coordinating a wide range of programs and services, specifically EV program development and implementation.
• Experience in budgeting, grant writing and project management (including PMP Certification).
• Experience in preparing reports, analysis and studies related to the strategic company goals of other related areas of CORE (i.e. forecasting, supply side-planning, accounting, auditing, regulatory affairs, etc.)
• Marketing or rates analysis experience.
The Member Energy Programs Director will support the strategic goals of CORE Electric Cooperative by creating and managing CORE’s electric vehicle member strategy and program. The Director will also develop, implement, and oversee other member-facing and Distributed Energy Resource (DER) programs. This role will focus on creating programs that align member needs to CORE’s vision and strategy, helping to create a culture of innovation, enabling creative thinking, and promoting positive interactions within CORE.
• Leads the strategic planning process to pursue a comprehensive EV program strategy that will include residential & commercial programing, public charging, community education & outreach, and strategic partnerships.
• Pursues and creates partnerships that may include charging operators, EVSI hardware providers, digital software & data storage providers, financial products and services, Car OEMs, or government/municipality agencies, etc.
• Develops, implements, and continually enhances CORE’s EV strategy, platform, and processes to ensure effective methods for partner identification, member choice and buy-in.
• Directs the execution of other member-facing programs to assist CORE with management of integrated distribution planning, distributed energy resource programs (solar PV, non-solar distributed generation, electric vehicles, battery storage, demand response, energy efficiency) including all DER interconnections
• Tracks applicable program benchmarks and KPIs to strive for continual process improvement and top quartile performance in member adoption and satisfaction.
• Understands member needs by participating in and supporting workgroups, stakeholder meetings, generic regulatory proceedings, etc., that are set up to work on energy-related policies and regulations at the state and/or federal level.
• Works with rates, finance, and engineering teams to develop rates to promote EV and other member program adoption, beneficial electrification, and energy efficiency.
• Works with engineering and operations teams to develops procedures for the integration of DER’s onto CORE’s distribution system.
• Applies for federal, state and local grants and other incentives supporting CORE’s EV and other member energy program strategies.
• Develops and implements project plans and timelines, reviewing execution and reporting of program performance, and prepares program descriptions.
• Leverages internal & external resources for market research, economic demographics, strategy design and implementation, and applicable metrics and KPIs.
• Performs or assists in performing analytical and direct cost benefit studies for clean energy programs.
• Works with other departments to coordinate internal resources to provide marketing, advertising, and training during the implementation and delivery of new energy programs and services.
CORE offers an exceptional benefits package that includes:
• 9/80 work schedule (3-day weekend every other week)
• 160 hours of accruable PTO per year (minimum)
• 100% cooperative-paid benefits, including defined benefit pension plan, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, basic life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program
• 401(k) retirement plan with company match up to 4%, 100% vested immediately
• Wellness reimbursement up to $300 per year
• 8 paid holidays per year
• Paid parental leave
• Education and training reimbursement
• Volunteer paid time off
• Length-of-service program
How to Apply
The above statement is a partial description of the requirements for this position. The complete job description is available for your review by contacting CORE Human Resources.
CORE Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
CORE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All qualified candidates are given equal opportunity, and selection decisions are based on job-related factors. We also believe in strength in diversity.