CORE Electric Cooperative is a member-owned electric utility cooperative that serves more than 160,000 customers in a 5,000-square-mile area along Colorado’s Front Range. We offer competitive salaries, state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, and a friendly, relaxed culture with the opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
Join the dedicated employees who have been providing Colorado’s Front Range with electrical service since 1938.
Job Title: Member Services Representative I
Job Grade: $19.04 – $25.57 (CO-2)
Responsible to the Member Services Director for performing duties related to phone interactions with CORE customers that include opening and handling customer accounts and addressing consumer complaints, inquiries and requests.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. One year of customer service experience is a prerequisite, including answering phone calls and correspondence, and handling consumer accounts. Excellent communication and problem solving skills are necessary with a strong drive to provide exceptional customer service. Must have basic PC computer skills.
Duties are routine and involve the application of standard procedures, regulations and tariffs. This position requires considerable phone contact with consumers. Works with confidential data concerning consumer accounts which, if disclosed, could be detrimental to the Cooperative’s interests.
This job requires normal mental and visual attention. Basic aptitude in verbal comprehension, verbal reasoning, numerical ability, and visual speed and accuracy are also required. The duties and tasks involve sedentary work and may require the ability to lift a maximum of 20 pounds. Physical demands also include good manual dexterity. Working conditions are good, inside conditions.
Duties and Tasks
• Answers customer queue calls on a consistent basis by being in a ready status as often as possible.
• Completes customer requests for account creation at existing locations, account updates, inquiries and requests for information as efficiently and quickly as possible.
• Conforms to departmental procedures, regulations and tariffs and uses good judgement.
• Informs customers of appropriate programs and/or options that may benefit them or solve a problem.
• Conveys understanding and empathy for customers.
• Handles customer complaints and concerns to the best of his/her ability and offers reasonable solutions before escalating calls to a Call Center Supervisor or the Member Services Director.
• Transfers calls to other departments only when necessary.
• Makes a concerted effort to be aware of and respond to the queue call volume.
• Performs other duties as directed by a supervisor
CORE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CORE Electric Cooperative believes in strength in diversity.
CORE Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
CORE does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. All qualified candidates are given equal opportunity and selection decisions are based on job-related factors.