$49.82 – $67.02/Hour Non-Union Position
High school diploma or equivalent certificate required. 3 or more years of practical equivalent experience as an electric System Operator required. Willing to consider 5 years’ experience in electric utility operations experience in substitute for System Operator experience. NERC certification as RC. TOP, or BITO required. Requires a valid Colorado Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record within CORE’s standards. Satisfactory background check results required per NERC CIP. Competent with position-specific software and applications. Competent with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook. Competent with general office equipment.
The System Operator is responsible for the safe and reliable operation of CORE’s Transmission and Distribution systems from the Primary or Backup Control Center. The System Operator coordinates a normal and emergency operations and switching. This position works a 12-hour shift consistently comprised of day or night hours including weekends and holidays according to given schedule.
CORE offers an exceptional benefits package that includes:
• 9/80 work schedule (3-day weekend every other week)
• 160 hours of accruable PTO per year (minimum)
• 100% cooperative-paid benefits, including defined benefit pension plan, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, basic life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program
• 401(k) retirement plan with company match up to 4%, 100% vested immediately
• Wellness reimbursement up to $300 per year
• 8 paid holidays per year
• Paid parental leave
• Education and training reimbursement
• Volunteer paid time off
• Length-of-service program
How to Apply
The above statement is a partial description of the requirements for this position. The complete job description is available for your review by contacting CORE Human Resources.
CORE Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
CORE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All qualified candidates are given equal opportunity, and selection decisions are based on job-related factors. We also believe in strength in diversity.