CORE wishes you safe and happy holidays! Here are some quick, easy tips that will protect you and your loved ones this season:
• Make sure your holiday/decorative lights – and all other bulbs – are LED. If you still have non-LED string lights, consider taking them to a local recycling company that accepts them.
• Have your heating system serviced to ensure it is operating safely and efficiently.
• Do not overload outlets and power strips with too many devices.
• For outdoor lights and other devices, use only ground fault circuit interrupted (GFCI) outlets. Stay clear of overhead lines and equipment when putting them up.
• Do not place cords under rugs or carpets, or across high-traffic areas.
• If you are not already signed up to receive outage alerts from CORE, go to our online Outage Center.